All applicants and parent(s) and guardian, in their own interest, must read carefully and understand these and all other provisions of the Prospectus well before applying for admission to the Lovely Professional University.
A student of this University is required to adhere to all the instructions given by the University from time to time which shall (inter alia) include the following:-
- Students are required to abide by the provisions of the Act, Statutes, Regulations, Rules, Ordinances, Orders, Instructions, Guidelines, Code of conduct, Policies, Directions, Standing orders etc. (hereinafter jointly referred to as "Rules & Regulations") as made applicable from time to time by the Lovely Professional University (hereinafter referred to as 'University' and shall also include its study center(s), constituent(s), affiliate(s), sponsoring body, associate(s), successor(s), sister concern(s) and other units, as applicable.
- Students are required to keep themselves well versed and updated with the Rules & Regulations in force, and amendments thereto, if any. The University shall not be responsible for intimating the students individually in any manner.
- The University will charge the fee for various facilities for programme transfer/ migration/re-appear etc. as decided from time to time.
- Students are required to inform the concerned authorities as prescribed by the University about any change in their permanent, correspondence address or Telephone no.
- The University reserves right to make changes in the date, venue and timing for admission purpose or for the conduct of contact classes or exam or for any other purpose in relation to these programmes as and when deemed necessary.
- The University reserves the right to change the Study Centre allotted to the students in the same town or nearby town or at University Campus at any time without giving any reason.
- If a student be found having any kind of serious ailment or any kind of psychiatric history or psychological ailment or otherwise suffering from mental trauma or depression or any other Â such kind of problem(s) or having any tendency to do anything unwarranted including but not limited to committing suicide, be considered as detrimental or otherwise not appropriate by the University for the academic atmosphere or otherwise, the University shall reserve the right to cancel his admission at any time and he/ she shall have no claim(s) whatsoever against the University.
- Students are not allowed to indulge in any sort of activities and/ or controversies of anti-social, political, semi-political, religious and such like nature.
- Students and their parents/ guardians are required to behave in a disciplined and dignified manner. Any mis behavior or unwarranted act on their part shall be subject to legal action as per the law of land. Besides this, it may lead to disciplinary action against the guilty student and their parent/ guardian as the case may be.
- Students are required to adhere to dress/ uniform code as and if prescribed by the University.
- Students are required to wear the identity card around the neck to make it visible while being in Study Centre/ University Campus and while being outside for study and other purposes in relation to all the activities organized or prescribed by the University.
- Students are not allowed to form or associate or incite others to form or associate in any manner, with any kind of formal and informal union, association, groups, alliances, forums, organizations, institutions etc., whether authorized or unauthorized or recognized at any level, except which are specifically created by the University for such purposes as prescribed.
- Participation or involvement in any strike(s) or subversive activities is strictly prohibited.
- Students are not allowed to visit and/or stay at such places or areas, (whether inside or outside the Study Center/ University Campus) which are unauthorized or otherwise restricted by the Study Center/ University.
- Ragging, hooliganism, misconduct, gambling, smoking, consumption or possession of any type of liquor or alcohol or drugs or intoxicants or any other sedative material, explosives, weapons, fireworks etc. are strictly prohibited within and outside the precincts of the Study Centre/ University Campus.
- The University reserves the right to conduct narcotic or drug or alcohol test or any other medical test on any student at any time while being an study centre or University campus and if the test results are found to be positive (+ve), that student will not be allowed to continue study with the University and he/she shall have no claim(s) whatsoever against the University.
Being found guilty of any such act by way of indulging in or abetting, that student shall be liable to severe punishment and further such cases will be reported to the police as and if decided by University.
- Students are not allowed to do anything which may cause disturbance in the studies of other students or deemed vulgar in any way by the University.
- Distribution of leaflet/ banner etc. for any purpose unless in specific permitted in writing by the University, is strictly prohibited.
- Students are not allowed to paste any poster, painting or alike on the walls or other places in or outside the Study Center(s)/ University Campus, other than instructed by the University for the specified purposes.
- Students are not allowed to hold any meeting, gathering or to do any kind of celebrations within or outside the precincts of the Study Center/ University Campus without specific written permission by the concerned authorities of the Study Center/ University Campus.
- Students are not allowed to collect any money from any student(s), employee(s) or other person(s) for any purpose including donations, contributions/gathering without the written approval of the University.
- The University may call a student and/ or his parents/ guardian at any time as deemed fit and it is mandatory for the student and his parents/ guardian(as the case may be) to come whenever University calls them either telephonically or otherwise.
- All the programmes are purely academic programmes and are not meant for issuance of any license and/ or registration for the purpose of any profession and/ or its practice, unless otherwise specified.
Possession and use of mobile phones may be allowed to the students only at the discretion of the University and if permitted, shall be subject to conditions that:-
- - mobile phones may be allowed only having basic communication facility with no add on features including but not limited to multimedia, camera, music, web services and other applications as restricted by the University from time to time;
- - the University may restrict the mobile phones at any time; and Possessing and/ or using the mobile phone, if restricted, and mobile phone with features/ facilities, which are restricted by the University shall lead to disciplinary action(s) against the student including but not limited to expulsion/ rustication of that student.
- Students will have to make their own travel and other arrangements at their own cost for appearing in the exam, for attending the contact classes and for all other purposes.
- Students are not allowed to drive within the University Campus and parking of the vehicles shall be at the designated areas unless otherwise prescribed.
- In the event of not fulfilling any requirement of any sort as prescribed by the University, a student shall be liable for cancellation of his admission at the discretion of the University.
- Delay or default in making any provision or facility in respect of a student's study at the University will not entitle any student to claim any compensation or refund or any other right against the University.
- Any student found guilty of any sort of disobedience of any of the Rules & Regulations, misconduct, immoral or unethical behavior or any act that may lead to damage the dignity or goodwill of the University, may be subject to a range of possible disciplinary actions including but not limited to admission cancellation or expulsion/rustication or withdrawal of any facility at any time as decided by the University, notwithstanding legal action under the law of the land and in that case he/she shall not have any claim for refund of fees or otherwise whatsoever against the University.
- Students are not allowed to keep or use any kind of camera/ recording instrument or any other electronic gadget in the University Campus/ Center without written approval of the University.
- In case of any issue/ difference of opinion with regard to any matter related to the University, only the student or his parents/ guardian whose name(s) has been mentioned in the Application Form and/ or accepted by the University, may discuss such issues/ differences with the concerned authorities/ officials of the University and no other person will be allowed to visit/ discuss/ correspond with any of the official(s) of University/ Center.
- The University reserves the right to amend or withdraw any provision contained in the prospectus and other related documents at any point of time, as deemed necessary without prior notice or assigning any reason.
- It shall be the responsibility of the applicant to sign and submit all the documents, affidavit, information etc. as be required by the University from time to time and any undersigned declaration(s) or affidavit(s) or undertaking(s) or any other document(s), which otherwise is required toÂ be signed and/or attested and/or submitted by the applicant as prescribed by the University or otherwise, either intentionally or unintentionally shall not relieve the applicant of the obedience and/or compliance and/or any disciplinary jurisdiction of such declaration(s) or document(s). Such declaration(s) or affidavit(s) or undertaking(s) or any other document(s), even if unsigned or not submitted as required, will be binding on the applicant and all other concerned.
- The terms "he", "him" and "his" include the feminine gender also.
Ragging Is Strictly Prohibited
Ragging is totally prohibited in the University/ Center and anyone found guilty of ragging and/ or abetting ragging, whether actively or passively, or being a part of a conspiracy to promote ragging, is liable to be punished in accordance with the UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009 as well as under the provisions of any penal law for the time being in force.